Planning guidelines for water supply and sewerage
These guidelines were the first major revision of Queensland State Government Planning Guidelines on urban water supply and sewerage for over 10 years when introduced in 2005.
They replaced the previous Guidelines for Planning and Design of Sewerage Schemes (Water Resources, 1991/92) and Guidelines for Planning and Design of Urban a Water Supply Schemes (Water Resources, 1989).
They have been provided in sections to enable faster download, and as a complete PDF to make printing easier.
- Introduction (PDF, 223K)*
- Chapter 1 The regulatory framework (PDF, 54K)*
- Chapter 2 Knowledge management (PDF, 68K)*
- Chapter 3 The planning process (PDF, 76K)*
- Chapter 4 Stakeholders (PDF, 89K)*
- Chapter 5 Demand/flow and projections (PDF, 82K)*
- Chapter 6 Network modelling (PDF, 191K)*
- Chapter 7 Options for service provision (PDF, 249K)*
- Chapter 8 Remote or small community issues (PDF, 60K)*
- Chapter 9 Analysis of options (PDF, 79K)*
- Chapter 10 Implementation (PDF, 63K)*
- Chapter 11 Planning outputs (PDF, 58K)*
Planning Guidelines for Water Supply and Sewerage (PDF, 1.0M)*
Water services guidelines
The following is a list of other guidelines published by the department.
- Desalination in Queensland (report)
- Methods for reducing evaporation from storages used for urban water supplies (PDF, 381K)*
- Queensland evaporative airconditioning water usage (PDF, 306K)*
If you have problems downloading any of these PDF documents, please contact:
Queensland Water Supply Regulator
PO Box 15456
City East Q 4002
Email: Queensland Water Supply Regulator
* Requires Adobe Reader
Last updated 7 January 2013