Links to related sites for water services
The following sites may be of interest to service providers who are responsible for water and/or sewerage services supplied to customers.
- Department of Local Government and Planning
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Services
- Queensland Competition Authority (QCA)
- Local Government Association of Queensland (LGAQ)
- Environment Australia
- Environmental Heath Committee (enHealth)
- National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC)
- National Water Quality Management Strategy provides guidelines that cover sewerage systems (effluent management, trade waste, use of reclaimed water, biosolids and sewerage system overflows), stormwater management, water quality and monitoring and reporting.
- Water Quality Research Australia Limited to specifically access the “Australian and New Zealand Guidelines for Fresh and Marine Water Quality”, ANZECC and ARMCANZ, 2000 and the “Australian Guidelines for Water Quality Monitoring and Reporting”, ANZECC and ARMCANZ, 2000.
- Australian Water Association (AWA) for information on drinking water quality and treatment issues and Australian research and to download the “Australian Drinking Water Guidelines”, 1996, NHMRC and ARMCANZ.
- Office of the Queensland Parliamentary Counsel to access Queensland legislation.
Last updated 16 March 2011