The strategy area (PDF, 250K)* incorporates all local governments in the Wide Bay Burnett Regional Organisation of Councils and includes the stream catchments in the coastal strip from Baffle Creek, north of Bundaberg to the southern boundary of Cooloola Shire, which borders the South East Queensland Water Strategy area.
Within this area, water supply needs will be assessed on a sub-area basis, considering different catchment systems, e.g.
- Burnett River
- Burrum and Mary rivers
- Baffle Creek.
The council areas included in the strategy area are:
- North Burnett Regional Council
- South Burnett Regional Council
- Bundaberg Regional Council
- Fraser Coast Regional Council
- Cherbourg Aboriginal Council
- Gympie Regional Council
- Gladstone Regional Council
- Dalby Regional Council (part of the council area).
* Requires Adobe Reader
Last reviewed 23 March 2011
Last updated 5 June 2008