Regional water supply strategies
Regional water supply strategies are the Queensland Government’s approach to ensuring short and long term water supply security on a regional basis. These strategies, developed in partnership with local governments, water service providers, industries and community groups, balance water demand and supply requirements and provide regional water supply solutions for the next 50 years.
- North West Queensland Regional Water Supply Strategy
- Far-North Queensland Regional Water Supply Strategy
- North Queensland Regional Water Supply Strategy
- South-East Queensland Regional Water Supply Strategy
- Central Queensland Regional Water Supply Strategy
- Wide Bay Burnett Regional Water Supply Strategy
Pipeline feasibility study
The Queensland Government engaged consultants GHD to investigate and report on the feasibilty of a Direct connection pipeline: Burdekin to South East Queensland as Stage 1 of the Statewide Water Grid. GHD were also asked to prepare a supplementary report on renewable energy options for minimising carbon dioxide emissions from coal-fired power stations.
Last reviewed 23 March 2011
Last updated 19 March 2010