Queensland waterways monitoring portal
The Queensland waterways monitoring portal provides a common statewide single-point of access to waterway information.
Illustration of the various types of waterway monitoring carried out in Queensland
Queensland Waterway Monitoring Programs
Information on Queensland water quality, water quantity and aquatic ecosystem health monitoring programs is available through the links below. The list of programs documented will be expanded as more information is made available and new programs developed.
- Wetlands interactive map - this link enables information to be accessed through an interactive map of Queensland. To access the map please follow the instructions below.
Wetland interactive map instructions
- Click the above link
- Click 'Launch Wetland Maps'
- Click 'Accept'
- Click 'Layers'
- Tick the 'Aquatic Monitoring Programs' box
- Click 'Identify' then click on a monitoring site on the map, wait while it loads and a box will appear
- To access a program information sheet click the + and then 'Click here'.
Note: Some older machines and early versions of Internet Explorer may experience difficulties in using the map.
- Wetland summary information search - this link provides summary information based on Basin areas, Natural Resource Management regions, and Local Government areas.
- Water quality, water quantity and aquatic ecosystem monitoring - this link provides an interactive table listing Queensland's monitoring programs.
If you are part of an aquatic monitoring program in Queensland, please register your program by emailing the portal team.
Additional monitoring information
For additional information on the Queensland waterway monitoring data please visit the links below.
For information on how best to design or review a waterway monitoring program please refer to the Monitoring Checklist and Explanatory Notes at the links below.
- Checklist for Designing or Reviewing a Waterway Monitoring Program (PDF, 100K)*
- Checklist for Designing or Reviewing a Waterway Monitoring Program - Explanatory Notes (PDF, 96K)*
* Requires Adobe Reader
Last updated 9 May 2013