Brigalow Catchment Study datasets licence conditions
- You may use the supplied data for your own purposes (including supply to consultants for a specific consultancy project for you but the consultants must return or destroy the supplied data when the project is finished). You must not sell or distribute the supplied data.
- You must display this copyright notice on any copies of the supplied data however altered, reformatted or redisplayed if you supply to a consultant or copy for back up purposes: “© The State of Queensland (Department of Environment and Resource Management) [year]”.
- You may create and distribute hardcopy and digital products based on or containing the supplied data, provided all the following conditions are met:
- You must display this acknowledgment on the product(s): “Based on or contains data provided by the State of Queensland (Department of Natural Resources and Water) [year]. In consideration of the State permitting use of this data you acknowledge and agree that the State gives no warranty in relation to the data (including accuracy, reliability, completeness, currency or suitability) and accepts no liability (including without limitation, liability in negligence) for any loss, damage or costs (including consequential damage) relating to any use of the data. Data must not be used for direct marketing or be used in breach of the privacy laws.”
- You must include metadata with the product(s) and the metadata must incorporate as a minimum the metadata provided with this supplied data.
- You must not use the data for direct marketing or in breach of the privacy laws.
- If you wish to distribute the supplied data you must organise an additional different licence by emailing the department.
The State of Queensland as represented by the department is the owner of the intellectual property rights in and to the supplied data or has the right to make this supplied data available under licence arrangements.
Disclaimer and indemnity
You agree to accept all responsibility and risks associated with the use of the supplied data. The department makes no representations or warranties in relation to the supplied data, and, you agree that, to the extent permitted by law, all warranties relating to accuracy, reliability, completeness, currency or suitability for any particular purpose and all liability for any loss, damage or costs (including consequential damage) incurred in any way (including but not limited to that arising from negligence) in connection with any use of or reliance on the supplied data are excluded or limited. You agree to continually indemnify the State of Queensland and the department (and their officers and employees) against any loss, cost, expense, damage and liability of any kind (including consequential damage and liability in negligence) arising directly or indirectly from or related to any claim relating to your use of the supplied data or any product made from the supplied data.
Last updated 27 May 2008