||Derived from Logan river, which was named by Sir Ralph Darling (1772-1858) Governor of New South Wales 1824-31, after Captain Patrick Logan (1791-1830) soldier and Commandant, Moreton Bay Settlement 1825-30. Refer NSW Government Order 27, 16 July 1827 and J.G. Steele. The explorers of the Moreton Bay District 1770-1830. Brisbane, 1972, p.206. District named and bounded by Minister for Natural Resources 24 April 1997. Boundaries adjusted by the Minister for Natural Resources and Minister for Mines, 8 November 2002. Regazetted by the Minister for Natural Resources, Mines and Energy on the 12 June 2009 due to the council amalgamations under the Local Government Reform Implementation Act 2007. Boundary amended by the Minister for Natural Resources, Mines and Energy and Minister for Trade on 2 July, 2010.