||Named and bounded by the Minister for Natural Resources and Minister for Mines, 14 September 2001. Boundaries amended by the Minister for Natural Resources and Minister for Mines, 5 September 2003. Swan Creek appears on Buxton's 1864 Darling Downs District Map within the boundaries of Canning Downs pastoral run. Later a small run was divided from Canning Downs and given the name of the creek. Both the creek and the run can be seen on an 1883 Darling Downs Run Map. The locality has become known as Swan Creek. It is assumed that the name is descriptive of wildlife in the district during the early years of European settlement. [J.W. Buxton, Surveyor-General's Office, Brisbane, Darling Downs Run Map, 1883; ANPS files]. Regazetted by the Minister for Minister for Natural Resources, Mines and Energy and Minister for Trade on the 21 August 2009 due to the council amalgamations under the Local Government Reform Implementation Act 2007.