||Possibly derived from mountain camp (by term reversal), used by gold miners in 1860's. Refer H. Horton. Brisbane's back door. Brisbane, 1988, p.25. Named and bounded by Queensland Place Names Board 8 August 1981. Boundaries amended by Governor in Council 13 October 1990. Boundaries adjusted by the Minister for Natural Resources, Mines and Water, 17 February 2006. Regazetted by the Minister for Natural Resources, Mines and Energy on the 19 June 2009 due to the council amalgamations under the Local Government Reform Implementation Act 2007.