||Derived from Mount Walker, probably after ????? Walker ( - ) shepherd on Franklyn Vale pastoral run. Originally called Mount Forbes by John Oxley (1785?-1828) NSW Surveyor- General 22 September 1824, after Sir Francis Forbes (1784-1841) Chief Justice of NSW. Named and bounded by the Minister for Natural Resources 25th August 2000. Regazetted by the Minister for Natural Resources and Water on the 30 January 2009 due to the council amalgamations under the Local Government Reform Implementation Act 2007.