||Derived from Parish and pastoral run name, first used 1842/3, using words from Bundjalung language, Yugumbir dialect, nguin = charcoal / cinders, doan = black and ba = place, generally indicating the place of the remains of a fire. Refer F.J. Watson. Vocabularies of four representative tribes of South Eastern Queensland. Brisbane, 1944, pp.61 & 103. District named and bounded by Minister for Natural Resources 24 April 1997. Regazetted by the Minister for Natural Resources and Water on the 30 January 2009 due to the council amalgamations under the Local Government Reform Implementation Act 2007.