||Derived from town name which was derived from railway station name used by Railways Department 1887, being an Aboriginal word linked to either: 1. Bloodwood tree (Eucalyptus Corymbosa) or 2. "Bunuru" Brigalow tree Acacia harpadhylla, common to Yuggera and Yugumbir sub-dialects. Named and bounded by Minister for Natural Resources 17 October 1997. Named and bounded by the Minister for Natural Resources 25th August 2000. Regazetted by the Minister for Natural Resources and Water on the 30 January 2009 due to the council amalgamations under the Local Government Reform Implementation Act 2007.