Digital cadastral data
The Digital Cadastral Database (DCDB) is essentially a computerised map of property boundaries and the related property description of all land parcels in Queensland. It is an ideal base for searching, planning and analysing land related information and is used by most local governments for these purposes.
The DCDB is continually being improved using information from:
- survey control data and survey plans
- registered plans of subdivisions
- government gazettes and administrative notifications
- upgraded data and survey control network received from local authorities.
Strata, easements and boundaries of administrative areas have also been added.
Data in the DCDB consists of:
- a spatial component including
- land parcel boundaries
- coordinates of land parcel corners
- natural features (e.g. creeks) which form part of a property boundary
- an attribute component including
- lot on plan number
- road and street names
- river and creek names
- feature names
- locality names
- alphabetic codes for tenure
- numeric codes for local government, parish and locality.
For further information on the above topics, see the Queensland Interchange Format Specifications (QIF) (PDF, 162K)* [updated May 2013]. Customers receive a metadata file when digital cadastral data is supplied.
Property Boundaries - Basic
This whole-of-state dataset:
- is a 'lite' version of the Digital Cadastral Database (DCDB) showing minimal attribute data about the property boundaries e.g. base lot polygons, Lot and Plan attributes and an accuracy statement. This dataset is updated fortnightly.
- is provided in a vector format as ESRI Shape files or MapInfo Tab files on the GDA94 datum.
- is supplied as an Open Licence (Single Supply)
A complete extract of the DCDB is available for free from the Queensland Government Information Service. The data can be downloaded by searching on "Cadastral Data Fortnightly Extract" (page 27)
Digital Cadastral Data - Comprehensive
This dataset, which is extracted monthly:
- contains all the data attributes listed above
- can be supplied as a once-off supply (with data current to the last extraction) or on a monthly reissue/update basis
- is available on CD/DVD
- can be licensed with rights as a user, distributor or developer on a once-off or ongoing basis.
- can be ordered by completing the relevant form and emailing it to Product Delivery.
Digital cadastral data to meet customer requirements (e.g. from a geographic window, with specified data format and datum) is also available. This data will be:
- current to the date that it is supplied
- licensed with rights as a user and on a once-off basis.
For a quotation, please Email Product Delivery.
Digital boundary datasets for local government areas and localities covering the whole of Queensland are available primarily in MapInfo and ArcView formats. Licence conditions apply.
Cadastral SmartMaps are produced directly from the DCDB without any manual intervention through the SmartMap Information Services interface.
Conditions of supply
Digital cadastral data is not sold but is licensed to users as computer software is. A specific licence agreement (user, defined developer, developer or data distributor) determining the conditions for use is established between the customer and the department.
If you have problems downloading this document or would like a copy sent by mail, please contact:
* Requires Adobe Reader
Last updated 2 May 2013